Making relaxation a part of your day is the secret to meditating regularly. There is no need to “go out of your way” to meditate. Just follow these 5 easy steps to get started
1. Find a place and sit where you are alone (preferably not public transport) because even if you have headphones just remember there are people around you with their own energies coming at you. Choose a place in nature or somewhere you can sit alone and not be interrupted.
2. Close your eyes and breathe slowly
Upon closing your eyes make it your purpose to relax and as you breathe out feel the fresh breath on your face. Breathe in the clean clear air and breathe out what doesn’t serve you. Do this for a few minutes even to calm yourself any time day or night.
3. Listen to Stimulating Sounds
When I’m at the beach I’ll listen to the waves crashing or by the river I’ll hear the water on the pebbles. If you’re in a forest listen to the leaves moving in the wind or birds chirping-and if you have noise around you listen to wind chimes. Find calming music that you enjoy and breathe in time with the surrounding sounds
4. Using scents to stimulate your relaxation and choose whatever perfumes, candles or fruits and flowers in your space to enhance your meditation. If you’re in your garden and have a particular flower or fruit in bloom then relax with the scents around you.
5. Lie down or sit down and think about the parts of your body then as you think of them, tense and relax them simultaneously. Enjoy the relaxation that comes from using all your senses to visualise, feel, smell and hear your meditation.
Let me know about your meditation experience 💕💕💕
Today I walked past the ocean and thought let me take a minute here to enjoy this scenery. All it took was one minute to shift into a happy place and enjoy this morning’s magic. Press play and enjoy the sounds for a minute that will take you away on your journey….
as I was reading more about the blue zones ( the places in the world that have greatest longevity) 5 habits are supposed to add 15 years to our lives!!!
1. Don’t smoke
2. Exercise moderately
3. Eat mostly plant based food
4. Drink alcohol moderately (ie one glass of wine per day but not 7 on one day!!)
5. Wake up with a purpose each day
Which ones are you doing?
We’ve all heard from time to time about the benefits of Massage and specifically about foot massage so here’s sharing a video that arrived in my inbox. Let me know if it works! Enjoy 💕💕💕
A recent study showed that drinking a glass of wine every day and exercising for at least 15 minutes could be the key to longevity.
— Read on bluezones.com/2018/02/drinking-glass-wine-taking-walk-may-be-key-to-longevity/
Don’t you love it when you’re standing around minding your business and nature has something in stall that you didn’t expect. This morning was exactly like this. I witnessed the most breathtaking sunrise that arrived and was gone in what felt like a few minutes.
Just to think that this was such an excellent inspiration to think about re-setting my sails for the year.
Have you created any goals that you’re aiming to achieve or is your sunrise still waiting for you in tomorrow’s horizon.
How are you starting the day? I’ve been making some tiny changes that seem to be helping. Here are a few:
-A couple of sets of sit ups
– yoga sun salutes for 20 minutes each morning
– Full body massage once per week to take away the tightness and stiffness from sitting down
– more green vegetables and fruits for snacks
– a short 15-20 minute walk along the beach to the train station
– Earlier to bed
All these tiny things add up to a great change in my day. I have more energy and am ready to tackle anything that’s worth it.
Enjoy your day and hope you can see the sunset tonight 💕💕💕